Friday, June 26, 2009

Positive Vibes Friday: I Want To Rock Yr Face Off!!!



...and so it has come to this. this weekend as my old band THE AGENDA! is about to play our first live show together in five years during the KINDERCORE records showcase (our old record label) on Saturday Night as part of Athfest 2009. we're the opening act of a 5 band bill...which is def for the best as the longer we waited to play the more wasted we'd all be. there are few things i have ever enjoyed more in my life than playing live music in front of humans and i fully intend to lose my fucking shit and possibly break a bone (i've got broken ribs from my old antics) or throw out my back (BEING OLD IS STUPID). and let's be honest, who doesn't like a little blood on the dancefloor at a rockshow? if you don't know, my band is pretty much just loud, energetic, ridiculous garage punk, heavily influenced by bands like The MC5, The Ramones, The Stooges, Mudhoney, and the Kinks all mashed into one big dumb ball of punk noise....but trying to describe it is kinda pointless when you can just listen for yourself.


for a visual representation of the typical Agenda show i give you this:

anyways if you are planning on attending Athfest this year and you're in the mood for some dumb as hell garage rock then come out to CINE' and see us play. we're scheduled to start at 10:15 and our set will be over in less than 30 minutes. and hey the FLAGPOLE has us listed as one of their bands "Not to Miss" during Athfest 09...and when has the Flagpole ever steered you wrong? but i must warn you, the link features a picture of a 24 year old JR Suicide with a terrible haircut that makes me look like the lost Hanson Brother.

once the Agenda has destroyed our equipment and left a trail of chaos in our wake you should stick around and catch a few of the other bands as well. Grape Soda will be playing their spacey dub-rock, The Young Sinclairs (who fucking rule) will become your new favorite band with their 60's/Byrds influenced pop, and then cartoon rockers the Buddy System will close out the night with their completely fun mix of animation and pop...

plus i'm performing a super-secret song with them at the end of the night that should turn Cine' into a riot. the words: Party, Hard, & Andrew WK are my hints for you.

so anyways Athens, GA...i wanna see you there on Saturday Night.

2 comments:

J.D. said...

I'm gonna try and make y'all's show but I make no guarantees. My friend is having an all-day birthday party tomorrow about 10 miles from downtown so we'll see if I can even make it down there before 10. But if I'm there, I'll come see y'all.

JR Suicide said...

oh man, an all day birthday bash usually = a two day hangover, so i understand.