Thursday, November 12, 2009
UGA gonna Floss They Capes
so my old man sends me lots of Auburn related junk that he finds on the internet and this is something i got this morning that made me giggle. this is written by a UGA fan about his own current distaste with how things are going for the Dawgs and it's full of the sort of self-loathing and mockery that i enjoy. i'd love to give credit to whoever wrote this but i haven't the slightest idea.
This is a rant to an Auburn fan asking about tickets to the game in Athens. I asked if I should try to get a ticket before I get to Athens....
"I think you should watch the first 5 min of the game from the bridge and
then get a ticket for $3. Here's how I see it shaking out:
- Georgia rushes onto the field w/ black capes this time. Yes, capes. Black
- Georgia wins toss. Defers to 2nd half. UGA captains skip and zig zag back
to the sideline to "floss they capes"
- UGA Kickoff out of the endzone (thank God)
- 5 play AU touchdown drive. B Evans gives up big play touchdown pass b/c he
stepped on his cape and fell down. Extra Point good.
Reshad Jones does the "Superman" dance off the field laughing the entire way.
- AU Kickoff 8 yards into endzone. We bring it out anyway because, hell,
we're wearing black capes. Tackled at the 12.
- 1st and 10: Toss sweep to Ealey (3yds - really 1, but he gets a bonus 2 for
the black eye patch he's wearing w/ his cape courtesy of Brandon Spikes).
- 2nd and 9: Cox throws ball 3 yards behind AJ's crossing route. AJ makes an
incredible catch as he dives back against his momentum and lays out
hoizontally. He was able to make the catch because he decided against
wearing the stupid f*cking black cape. 5 yard completion. Wait, called back due to the
first of twelve penalties we will have before halftime.
2nd and 19: Draw play to Richard Samuel. Enough said.
3rd and 16: Auburn sends 14 people after Cox. He makes an attempt to throw
the ball out of bounds, but steps on his cape which restricts his cannon of an
arm. His ball comes up 12 yards short of the sideline, but it's up in the
air so long that one of the 14 AU blitzers is able to get under it and haul
it to the endzone for another AU touchdown.
14-0 with 11:48 to go in the first quarter.
- You trade ticket w/ scalper for extra beer in your pocket. You pay him $3
for his cape. "