Thursday, February 5, 2009

post recruiting hangover

So Auburn did about as good a job as could be expected following the Season Of Death, but still only managed to pull in the 8th best recruiting class in the SEC and 5th best in their own division. It's still a top 25 class nationally and I'm not even gonna be a prick and complain about this group after the way 08 went down for the Tigers, but still Auburn is setting itself up for a serious talent gap with it's 2 biggest divisional rivals in LSU & Bama who both hauled in the 2 best recruiting classes in the country. But the way the new staff was able to throw together a top 25 class with just a few months on the job gives me a lot of faith in their ability to at least take a bite out Saban-Nation's dominance... I hope.

So what now? I'm debating going to the Spring Game again this year to get an early look at Spread Eagle 2: Electric Boogaloo...not that last season really showed me anything about Franklin's offense.

No comments: