Saturday, April 11, 2009

a random collection of thoughts and camera phone pictures from G Day 09

your friendly neighborhood Auburn blogger dressed in yellow because he pussed out and didn't wear Auburn gear. yes i always look like that. yes i always wear sunglasses.


First off it was a beautiful fucking day for some spring football. About 60 degrees, sunny, a little bit of wind, and perfect conditions. I can only hope it's like this next weekend at Auburn.

I really don't understand why ESPN chose to show the UGA spring game this year. It's not like Georgia is being thought of as a contender or anything...my only guess is that they plan on showing as many spring games as possible and the Dawgs were the only good candidates this weekend. Speaking of which, why the fuck does UGA think it's a good idea to have their Spring game during Master's weekend and during the Braves' first home opener? I mean it was an okay crowd, but there would've probably been about 20 thousand more people if they had it next weekend. Plus doing this Easter Weekend meant there were almost zero students at the game.

Thoughts about the actual game itself:
The Georgia QB situation doesn't look that much better than what Auburn has. Joe Cox is a noodle arm having Senior who I can't imagine holding on to the starting spot past the 1st two games. He had 1 good throw to AJ Green to start the game that my friend Jeff attributed to Green's ability to make Cox shitty throw seem like a good play by his superb athletic ability. Logan Gray didn't look any better, but the fact that he can run makes him seem like the lesser of two evils. Both of the true freshman were wildly inaccurate and Aaron Murray threw an ugly pick. So yeah...you can say that Stafford wasn't much of a leader all you want, but the Dawgs are gonna miss his ass.

The offense just looked awful in general...I mean either the defense got 80% better or the offense took a 50% slide down. None of the backs could do anything, the Qbs (like I said) were nothing to speak of, and the recievers were dropping everything. It was just an ugly performance all the way around. I know it's just a practice but all my Georgia loving friends seemed pretty down in the dumps about the Dawgs chances in 09.

the game was a series of turnovers and field goals and boring as hell.

The worst part of the day was when I thought I saw Erin Andrews and then raced down to the field for a better look only to discover it was just Wendy Nix. Booooooooo! Is that all we are good enough for ESPN? I guess if you only check her out from the back then Nix is packing a pretty cute ass...but come on, why can't you send a creepy blogger some Erin Andrews action to brighten up an otherwise dull Spring game? For shame Espn.

And so that was that. Next weekend I'll be in Auburn with my old man bitching and whining about the Tiger's team. holla at a brother if you gunna be there too. And pray it doesn't rain.

1 comment:

auburnross said...

I'm in Auburn...and as sure as Jay Jacobs is massive, I'll be at A-day.