Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Braves on their way towards 162-0 season

I could get used to this whole beating the Phillies thing. It's amazing what not having a pitching staff with a combined age of 400 can do for your teams ability to look like a potential playoff team. (Fingers crossed) But the Braves look pretty fucking good after two dominant performances against one of the NL's supposed top teams and the defending World Series champs. I mean yes, I know I should slow my roll cuz it's 2 fucking games...you can call me excited and overly optimistic, but I believe in this year's Atlanta team. The pitching seems solid enough, the lineup has a nice mix of youth and veterans, and Atlanta seems to have some of there old swagger back. With The Hawks doing well, the Falcons showing the promise of becoming one of the NFC's best young teams, and now the Braves possibly reemerging...well the ATL might finally be shedding it's bullshit label as a bad pro sports town.

Now prepare yourself for the Hawks to get swept in the 1st round, the Braves to get hit with major injuries and a long losing streak that kills their season before June, and Matt Ryan to develop a drug problem. This is what I've come to expect as fans of these teams. Whatever, i'd trade all the ATL misery in the world for Spread Eagle 2 to bring Auburn to the promised land...come on world, you fucking owe me.

No comments: