Monday, March 16, 2009

Who Is Winning Me Dollars This Year?


the economic meltdown has hit me particularly hard and so with some luck (and possibly a run by whatever random 11 seed i fall in love with) i'm hoping to get back on my feet with a solid showing by my bracket. the only problem, I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT COLLEGE BASKETBALL CIRCA 2009. i mean, do i really believe in UConn or Pitt when neither of them even made it to the conference semi-finals?! is UNC a safe bet when they got knocked off by a team like FSU in a non-football related contest? is this the year Duke actually makes it back to the Final Four because of an overall weak field but my Duke-haterness prevents me from moving them past the Sweet 16? and who is that wacky midmajor team that ends up blowing up my bracket in the 2nd round and how do i pick them out? SO MANY QUESTIONS, SO FEW ANSWERS. i must consult a wizard.


as far as my NIT brackets go...i'm rolling with my Auburn Tigers who got a #1 seed and will host UT-Martin in the 1st round. Florida, Creighton, & San Diego St landed the other #1 seeds...that pretty much let's you know that you can thank the likes of Mississippi State, Cleveland State, and USC for keeping the Tigers out of the dance this year. hey, at least Bob Knight showed us some love.

No comments: