Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Totally Negative Post about the state of Auburn football

Fact: we have no QB...if we did then there wouldn't be a battle going on this spring

Fact: we have no WRs...it's very likely that two true freshman could be the key playmakers at the position next season.

Fact: our best offensive weapon is being moved to H back even though he's more talented than the other runningbacks on the team

Fact: our defense lacks depth and is a few key injuries away from serious trouble

The season is gonna be rough, all this early optimism is gonna be replaced with the angst and doubt we all got when Chizik was hired...this is reality, no matter how negative it sounds. If Auburn gets a win against LSU, UGA, or Bama then that angst will be replaced by hope. Until then I've got what Hunter S. Thompson called "the Fear". That doesn't mean I don't believe but I mean I did name my blog A Lifetime Of Defeats and my blogger name is JR Suicide...it ain't like positivity is my strongest quality...but I still believe. I am just being cautious and not getting caught up in pre-season hyperbole. At least not until I go to the Spring game next week and get tricked by Spread Eagle 2. Then I'll be drinking poisoned Kool Aid and shooting rainbows out my ass.

It should be noted that I wrote lots of angry and hateful posts last year about the Atlanta Falcons offseason moves and the drafting of Matt Ryan (whom I labeled Fucknuts McWhitey) and that turned out totally wrong, so I am hoping the more negative things I say about Auburn the better they will turn out to be just to spite my internet drivel. A blogger can dream, right?

No comments: